Wednesday, June 22, 2011

Day 3

Yep, that's right. My first day was Monday and I didn't think about starting this blog until today so I have to start out with day 3. It's actually going quite well in comparison to the previous two. I've had some wicked with drawls that past couple days.

Like anyone who has quit before can tell you, you have trigger moments. These are the times when you always remember smoking a cigarette. I.E. after a meal, in the car, with coffee in the morning, etc. I actually do okay in the morning and while I'm working. I don't smoke at work to begin with. I work for my father and I don't smoke around my family so it's pretty easy for me during the day to not smoke. My trigger comes the second I get in my car after work. I used to always have a cig on the way home. Then, I'd have a few more in the evening. The car is definitely one of my worst trigger moments.

Yesterday was really bad. I had cravings all day, even at work. It was really tough. I take an Irish Dance class on Tuesday evenings and I got frustrated trying to learn a new dance last night. All I wanted to do when we were done was get in my car and smoke it up. It was difficult but I fought through it and made it home smoke-free! That's my first success I think. Actually my first success is deciding to quit, right?

So, today has been a lot better for me. Less physical with drawls which is awesome. And that will only get better and better. I still constantly think about smoking though. That won't go away for a long time, if ever. But at least I'm on the right track!

No comments:

Post a Comment